Have you ever wanted to enjoy delicious cakes by the fire during winter ? Here is the recipe of the vegan and gluten-free carrot cake of our yodista Salomé.
Carrot is one of the best skin-friendly vegetables: rich in beta-carotene, potassium, vitamins B and C, it helps skin to stay firm and healthy. It slows down skin aging and helps protect against UV rays.
The list of ingredients you need for the Carrot Cake
• 2 tablespoons of chia seeds
• 6 tablespoons of water
• 100 g of melted coconut oil
• 150 g of almond powder
• 100 g of coconut powder
• 60 g of cornstarch
• 60 g of xylitol
• 2 tablespoons of baking soda
• 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
• 2 teaspoons of cinnamon powder
• 1 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
• 1 teaspoon of ginger powder
• 130 ml of vegetal milk
• 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
• 3 tablespoons of almond puree
• 250 g of grated carrots
• 50 g of crushed nuts
List of ingredients you need for the frosting
• 1 can of coconut cream, refrigerated for at least 24 hours
• 1 tablespoon of cold hard coconut oil
• 50 g of powdered sugar (or 50g xylithol + 4 teaspoons of potato starch for a low glycemic index cake)
• 25 g of grated coconut
• 25g of crushed nuts or hazelnuts or even praline!
• Zest of half a lemon (optional)
Before preparing the recipe, don't forget to put a can of coconut cream in the fridge at least 24 hours before.
• In a glass, mix the chia and water.
• Melt the coconut oil in a small saucepan over low heat.
• Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
• Then mix all the dry ingredients (almond powder, ginger...) in a large bowl.
• In a large bowl, combine the liquid ingredients: milk, oil, lemon, chia (and water) and almond puree. Mix well to dilute the almond puree.
• Then pour the liquid into the large bowl containing the dry ingredients.
• Mix well.
• Grate the carrots and crush the nuts before adding them to the mixture.
• Oil your pan with a little bit of coconut oil and pour the mixture into it. Bake in the oven at half height for 50 minutes. Check the cooking with a knife.
• Once the cake is cooked, let it cool for 15 minutes before unmolding it.
• During this time, prepare the "frosting". To do this, get the tough, white part of the coconut cream and put it in a large bowl. You can save the "water" for smoothies!
• Add sugar and coconut oil and beat with an electric mixer until smooth and thick. To spice up the coconut flavor, you can add the zest of half a lemon!
• If you are making the frosting ahead of time, keep it in the fridge.
• Once the cake is cold, add the frosting on top and sprinkle with shredded coconut and chopped nuts.
Feel free to share your creations with us by mentioning us on social media. We can't wait to see your creations!